Monday, October 3, 2011

SOME PICS OF FOOD WE'VE EATEN LATELY

Best Blog Tips

We're in Vancouver for a few days celebrating our 20th anniversary, and using my cousin's computer, with a very difficult and frustrating mouse, so I won't be doing much blogging til I get home. But in the spirit of MoFo, I'm putting up some pics of some dishes we've eaten lately, even though I said I wouldn't post for about 3 days!


Roasted Potatoes, fresh green beans and Tofu with BBQ Pomegranate Tofu from "Vegan with a Vengeance"



I served this with the BBQ tofu above: Vegan "Blue Ribbon" Cornbread, my adaptation.  The recipe is here, but I made these changes-- instead of the 4 tsp. baking powder, I used 1 teaspoon baking powder + 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and I added 2 teaspoons lemon juice to the soymilk  to make "soy buttermilk".  It was pretty darn good! Evidently, an 11-yr-old girl won the blue ribbon for this vegan cornbread recipe at an Iowa State Fair a few years ago, of all venues!


My low-fat "guacamole" from my new cookbook "World Vegan Feast"


Potato Focaccia from my new cookbook "World Vegan Feast"


Gardein Cacciatore made from a recipe in my book "Nonna's Italian Kitchen"


My low-fat vegan mayonnaise with our fresh tomatoes


My low-fat Hummous


Enjoy!


3 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Happy Anniversary!

Bryanna Clark Grogan said...

Thanks, Jeni!

Vic Robinson said...

Cornbread! Yum! Looks great! Also, happy anniversary!

http://haymarket8.blogspot.com