Thursday, May 26, 2011

NEW BIRTHDAY GADGET!

Best Blog Tips  WHAT IS IT?



You might remember that I posted about this on Facebook. It's a JosephJoseph Rocker Garlic Crusher! I first saw it in Real Simple Magazine and liked the look of it.  It also sounded like it would be helpful for me because of the arthritis in my right thumb, which sometimes makes it hard to squeeze a conventional garlic crusher. Here's how you use it:



You hold it with both hands as above and rock" it down over the peeled garlic clove until it all comes through the holes:





As you can see, it's more like chopped than crushed .

The following picture is a pile of 4 large cloves.  I went over them again, rocking the "rocker" randomly back and forth across the pile to make it finer.  This is an easy way to "chop" alot of garlic.



It was easy to use and definitely easier on the thumbs!  You just run the edge of a spoon over the grate to get the garlic off-- if any stick you can poke them out with a toothpick, or use a sterile rough brush of some sort to coax it out.  It washes easily.  I like it!

What did I use the garlic in?  A pot of minestrone!



All the best,

3 comments:

Scott Carlson said...

I'm a huge fan of the garlic twist. I'd gone through 3 or 4 garlic presses in just a couple years. I've had my twist for close to 10 years now. I love it so much, I talked someone out of buying a press at a local store.

Lisa Viger said...

The garlic rocker looks like a great idea. The presses are so hard to clean.

Rocket and Roses Vegan Kitchen said...

oooh I do love a good kitchen gadget! My most recent was a runner bean slicer. I usually grate my garlic with a micrograter but this looks fun!