Saturday, February 20, 2010

SINÉAD: MEMORIAM FOR A BELOVED CAT

Best Blog Tips
Sinéad smelling the roses in her younger days. (Photo by my good friend Fireweed. See also here and here)

Sinéad (yes, named after Sinéad O'Connor!) was 20 years old and the senior cat (read "Queen", literally!) in our house. She survived a number of our companion cats. She chose us to live with, and she was quirky and affectionate cat. (She loved spaghetti sauce and was known to sneak vegetables out of the sink or off the table a few times!) We will miss her greatly, but we're so grateful to have had her gracing our house with her elegance and attitude for so many years!

She is, as they say, survived by her cat companions, Ringo and Isis (the big tortoiseshell who adopted us a couple of months ago). She was buried next to our little Tina (Ringo's sister):


Tina regarding me from a file box on my desk

and my stepson Sean's dog Huan:


in the woods behind our house, under what I call "the Four Guardians"-- four trees growing in a semi-circle in 2 pairs.




DH took this lovely photo of Sinéad about 18 months ago.

All the best,

13 comments:

Brenda W. said...

Bryanna,

I am so sorry to hear about the death of Sinéad ... you have mentioned her several times before, and she certainly was a special household member!

Hopefully in the weeks and months to come you'll be reminded of her in lots of special ways, and the sadness of her loss will be replaced by wonderful remembrances of how special she was!

Kathy said...

what a sweet little kitty - so glad to see she lived a happy life among friends and humans.

My heart to you.
~K

margaret said...

The passing of a cat is a horrible thing but you can be comforted by knowing you helped give her the best catty life she could have had. My Miss Darcy has recently discovered box files - she likes nothing better than to sit on important papers.

maesti said...

My condolences on your loss. Some cats are more special than others (if that is possible!). She is at peace now... the ones left behind are the ones who miss... I am sure her spirit will be with her other cat friends and you will always have wonderful memories of her.

Roselie said...

so sorry for your loss...

spiceislandvegan said...

Bryanna,

Sorry for your loss. It's tough to loose a pet. I am thinking about you and Brian. She was a really cute kitty and very special.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. She had a lovely long life with you and your caring family.

Eileen said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your family member,Sinéad. It helps us to know we will be with our animal companions again, when we pass into spirit.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my heart goes out to you.

Berti said...

bryanna, it's a huge loss........but she had a wonderful life with you.
warm fuzzies to you from me and my kitties from netherlands xxx

Dori said...

Sorry to hear about your Sinead!
A good resting place with your four guardians.

Marie said...

Sorry about your beloved Sinead, Bryanna. I'm sure she will be missed.

I lost my cat too last summer. I still have memories of her spending her lazy days in the garden. I'm glad the garden is her resting place.

ms. veganorama said...

Bryanna, so sorry for your loss. I am glad though that she had a wonderful family to live with and that you have precious memories of her.