Thursday, April 6, 2006

HONEY, I'M HOME! BACK FROM THE VEGETARIAN AWAKENING CONFERENCE...

Best Blog Tips Ice Sculpture done by one of the chefs for the banquet

I'm still pretty buzzed and catching up on emails, etc.. I will write my impressions tomorrow. Just wanted to check in and say that it was wonderful! I didn't take many pictures, but have a promise from a friend that she will send me the ones she took! So, I'll post more pics in the near future.

The dessert at the banquet: Horchada sorbet and mango puree in a chocolate cup with sugar "ribbons" and fruit salsa: ("Horchada" is a sweet rice-based Mexican beverage. The "flower" is a crispy dried pineapple slice-- delish! The other decoration is a sliver of crispy cookie, and the red is a berry coulis of some kind.)


3 comments:

Dori said...

Wow, to be an ice sculpture "chef"! I was once told if you want to impress people make the dessert spectacular. Wow! I am impressed! Hey is that mango salsa, I made that for the first time a week ago. MMMMMM!

sailu said...

Lovely pics!look forward to more pics Bryanna!

spiceislandvegan said...

Hi Bryanna,

Welcome back! We missed you! What a lovely ice sculpture and vegan dessert. How elegant everything is! I want to go to the 2nd annual event. I am looking forward for more pictures!