Tuesday, December 11, 2007

MY BEAUTIFUL MOM, AND AN ELEGANT VEGGIE PÂTÉ-- OMNI-TESTED AND APPROVED!

Best Blog Tips I just had to show you this--- my mother, Eve Urbina, was 90 years old in early November this year. Here is a photo of her at a family birthday party for her. She is still beautiful!



Okay, now about that pâté...



I think this pâté is my closest to "the real thing". This elegant pâté makes an excellent spread on celery sticks, crackers, rye crisp, melba toast, regular toast, bruschetta, or pita crisps, and an elegant starter when served with crusty French bread on a bed of lettuce; or scrumptious sandwich material. I take it to our neighborhood potluck every year, to rave reviews from all the omnis!  The recipe will be in my new book, coming out August 2011.

NOTE: I made this in the Vita-Mix this year-- a double batch, actually-- and it was super-smooth!




Cheers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this looks really good. Vegan pate is the one thing I have yet to make because I've always been turned off the commercial versions. But, from the looks of the ingredients, I think I could like this one. Off to the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Am I overlooking something? The potato gets blended in raw?

Bryanna Clark Grogan said...

anonymous-- no, you're not overlooking anything--- it's just what it says-- they get blended in raw! It works!

Amey said...

mmm. that pate looks great. I'll give it a try.

Your mother really does look beautiful! I've never met you, but just from your pictures I can see such a strong family resemblance. Super cute!

mustardseed said...

Oh man...Pate!! Looks yummy...

Kreekwa said...

Your Mom is 90?? Wow - Can see the strong resemblence :)