Friday, August 24, 2007

PHOTOS FROM A FAMILY VEGETABLE DINNER

Best Blog Tips My sister and brother-in-law were visiting for a couple of days. They are vegans (well, he is almost!) and they like lots of veggies, fruits and grains. Luckily, this is the time of year when we have a vegetable bounty on Denman Is.! The corn is ready, and there are zucchinis, tomatoes, green beans, etc.. So here is a dinner we had:


Fresh green beans braised with browned onions, sauteed mushrooms and mushroom broth; fresh corn on the cob (or "corn on the nob" as my 3 yr-old grandson says!); and a rice and black bean salad I threw together with leftovers.




rice salad; rosemary roasted potatoes; and roasted beets with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and parsley.

It was yummy!

3 comments:

Sheree' said...

I am so craving fresh green beans. I hope I can find some locally grown ones tomorrow. What happy times with family at the dinner table.

River said...

Lovely meal! Everything looks as tasty and fresh as it could be, and the 'leftover' salad looks like a culinary masterpiece! You inspire me yet again!

Kitchen Shaman said...

I love working with leftovers when they are available. I'm also fortunate that I work in a kitchen where we get fresh product all the time. Arizona is famous for perennial farms.