Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 26, 2014

MY POSTS (AND VIDEO CHAT) ON VEGAN MAINSTREAM: THE SPIRITUAL BACKGROUND OF VEGAN “MEAT OF THE FIELDS”; HOMEMADE VEGAN “SEAFOOD” SATISFIES SOME NOSTALGIC CRAVINGS

Best Blog Tips
One of the featured recipes on Vegan Mainstream using my vegan "scallops": Fried Sea-Meat "Scallops" on Asparagus with Lemon/Garlic Sauce
Sorry to have been absent from blogging for so long!  Not only have I had one computer problem after another in the last 2 or so weeks, but I was also preparing for participation in the Vegan Mainstream Cookbook Club as their "January Chef".  This entailed writing an article, with recipes and photos, and doing a video chat with the wonderful and patient Stephanie Redcross and Emma Laroque.  I am planning a new blog post for the very near future, but, until then, I'd like to share what I did with Vegan Mainstream.

If you'd like to see the video of the live chat, it's available here. It was fun chatting with Stephanie, who is in Georgia (USA) and Emma, who lives across the Straight, not far from where I live!

I wrote a rather long article on the history of seitan/grain meat/gluten (whatever you want to call it!), and then shared my recipe for vegan "sea-meat", as I call it, which satisfies my occasional longings for the taste and texture of shellfish.  This was published in one post:
http://www.veganmainstream.com/2014/01/22/the-spiritual-background-of-vegan-meat-of-the-fields-and-a-recipe-for-homemade-seitan/

Chopped Vegan Sea-Meat", which I use instead of clam meat
                           Vegan "Sea-Meat Scallops" ready for using in a recipe

*
*In the second post, 
http://www.veganmainstream.com/2014/01/23/homemade-vegan-seafood-satisfies-some-nostalgic-cravings/ , I share 3 recipes using the vegan "sea-meat", + one for vegan "sea stock":


                       Fried Sea-Meat "Scallops" on Asparagus with Lemon/Garlic Sauce


Sea-Meat "Scallops" and Edamame with Pasta and Lemon/Garlic Sauce


Italian Pasta with Vegan White "Clam" Sauce

Vegan "Sea Stock" (to use in place of fish stock)

I hope that you'll check out these links, for the essay, recipes and video, and try the recipes-- I look forward to hearing about your experiments!

Enjoy!




1 comment:

theroadtoserendipity said...

Can there BE enough "YUM!"s for this post Bryanna...I think not! I am SO going to make this. I am going to enjoy every last finger licking portion and I may or may not share with Steve but you can be sure that most of this wonderful creation will be savoured to the max by one hungry and most appreciative vegan :)